Sunday, March 6, 2011

Favorite Things.



Another busy week here at Silver Needle and Threads and my camera battery was flat when I was about to photograph my latest update on The Earth Gatherers and my Applique class.
So I have sorted through some pictures taken during the last 12 months. The first is of the Applique Baltimore Quilt class that I took several years ago which I am making plans to have machine quilted. This was not what I had originally wanted to do with this quilt but, my Arthritis affected fingers will no longer allow me to hand quilt.
Yes, I am now involved with the same wonderful tutor and redoing  a smaller class of the same design. This can be a small quilt suitable for hanging on the wall or can be made into cushions.I really have enjoyed the whole process of dimensional applique.

The second picture is of some wonderful Hydrangeas that I have growing in a pot, under the shade of a large Camellia. They are the most wonderful shade of pink but changed to this beautiful green as they aged. They survived indoors for almost a month. I feel so at peace when I am near a garden or simply a vase of flowers.


Then we have Molly. She is pictured here after a bath. She really is the dearest little Bischon Frise who came into our lives last year.  She was a rescue dog and we are very grateful for having her as part of our family.
She joined our family three weeks after my dear Miffy passed away after almost 15 years of devoted companionship. He was the first Bischon that I had ever known and has made me a dedicated  Bischon follower forever.
So there we are, some of my favorite things.
Now, a few stitches before lights out.

1 comment:

diamondc said...

I just want to say the caption under your sweethearts picture should be Why are you bothering me during my sun time, I love this picture.
Catherine